Office Depot, Inc. Helps Students, Parents and Teachers Gear up for School with Great Gear at Great Prices
Back-to-School Shoppers Find School Supplies, Tech and Organization Essentials with Huge Savings
Public Company Information:
BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODP), a leading global provider of office products, services, and solutions, through its Office Depot and OfficeMax brands, is this year’s back-to-school resource for parents, students and teachers to prepare for a successful school year. After relaxing during the summer, now is the perfect time to start preparing for the upcoming school year.
“Office Depot is here to help students, parents and teachers get back to great with the quality gear they need at affordable prices,” said Stephanie Gutierrez, vice president of marketing for Office Depot, Inc. “Both in stores and online, shoppers will find fun, trendy and functional school supplies that fit students’ personalities and style, regardless of age or grade level, for use both in and out of the classroom.”
This back-to-school season, in Office Depot and OfficeMax stores and at officedepot.com/school, the company is offering hot deals on items including fashionable notebooks, pencil cases and more from the exclusive DiVoga® collections. Whimsical Wonder offers a chic, fashionable palette of pastels with gold accents for a sophisticated touch, while Sweet Smarts harkens back to fun ‘90s style and incorporates bright ice cream cones and donuts into the designs.
In today’s digital age, shoppers are always on the go. Parents, college students and teachers can shop for the latest gear at their convenience with Office Depot’s omni-channel options that allow them to shop online from any device and choose whether to have products delivered to their door or ready for pick up in store.
Gear Up with Quality School Supplies at Great Prices
- Core Fashion Supplies: Grab the latest school essentials with the DiVoga® brand fashion collections exclusively available at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores: Whimsical Wonder, Sweet Smarts, Tropical Punch and Mediterranean Mosaic.
- Writing with Definition: Make a statement with your writing instruments this year, with the sleek line of TUL® pens and mechanical pencils. Brighten your pages with Sharpie® Neon permanent markers and new InkJoy® gel pens that dry three times faster than regular gel pens.
- Fun, Functional Backpacks: Students can tote all their gear with stylish and durable backpacks, choosing from a wide assortment of famous brands both in stores and online, such as High Sierra®, Jansport®, Kenneth Cole®, Roxy® and Swiss Gear®. And, starting July 10, all backpacks are 30 percent off.
‘Gear Up for College’ with the Latest Tech and Dorm Room Décor
- Tech’d Out: College students can gear up with the latest tech, such as the Dell™ Inspiron Series 2-in-1, which combines the powerful performance of a laptop and the versatility of a tablet. Multiple configurations and screen sizes are available to meet every student's needs. They also have the latest Intel processors from Pentium to Core i7.
Back-to-school Laptop Bundle: Office Depot is also offering a
back-to-school bundle that includes an HP laptop, Microsoft Office 365
built in, McAfee Internet Security to protect your computer from
viruses, free Basic PC Setup and a Logitech wireless mouse. For just
$399 (reg. price $699), this bundle offer is available July 12-Sept.
- The HP laptop features a 15.6” touchscreen, a powerful AMD A8 processor, 8GB of memory and 1TB of hard drive space – enough space to store thousands of songs, pictures, videos and plenty of school reports.
- Storage and Seating: Brightly colored Brenton Studio® Berklee and Bungee chairs, and the See Jane Work® Kate File Chair are all comfortable for reading and studying, and will spruce up any dull dorm room.
- See Jane Work: Office Depot’s exclusive line of See Jane Work® products add a touch of style to desk organization. Stacking trays and cup pencil holders, as well as the See Jane Work® Kate Magazine File eliminate clutter in any workspace.
Make School a Snap
- Snapchat: Office Depot is joining Snapchat just in time for back to school. Users who add Office Depot (username: OfficeDepotLive) will see fun – and funny – office- and school-related snaps, as well as brainteasers to help them get back into school mode after a long summer break.
More Savings to Help Everyone Gear Up for School
- Penny Deals: This summer, shoppers can find great savings with weekly penny deals at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores.
- Tax-Free Holidays: Shoppers in select states can purchase eligible school supplies with no state sales tax. Local inserts have qualifying items and other special deals/promotions. Visit officedepot.com/taxfree for more state details.
- Teacher Appreciation Days: Teachers who are Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards members can receive a coupon for 25 percent off qualifying purchases1 from July 30-Aug. 2 and Aug. 27-30.
- Price Match Guarantee: Our Price Match Guarantee allows customers to shop with confidence and get all the supplies they need for the school year at significant savings. Read more about our price match guarantee here.
- Binder Recycling Program: Shoppers can bring any empty old binder to an Office Depot or OfficeMax retail location and get $2 off the purchase of a new binder (Limit of 6).
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.
Office Depot, Inc. is a resource and a catalyst to help customers work better. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
The company has annual sales of approximately $14 billion, employs approximately 49,000 associates, and serves consumers and businesses in 59 countries with approximately 1,800 retail stores, award-winning e-commerce sites and a dedicated business-to-business sales organization – all delivered through a global network of wholly owned operations, franchisees, licensees and alliance partners. The company operates under several banner brands including Office Depot, OfficeMax, Grand & Toy, and Viking. The company’s portfolio of exclusive product brands include TUL, Foray, Brenton Studio, Ativa, WorkPro, Realspace and HighMark.
Office Depot, Inc.’s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol ODP. Additional press information can be found at: http://news.officedepot.com.
1 Valid in store only for Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards program members. Excludes technology, consumer electronic products and accessories, media and software products, HP ink & toner and Epson ink. Other exclusions apply. See a store associate for coupon. Limit 1 per member. Coupons valid 07/30/16 - 08/02/16 11:59 PM ET and 08/27/16 - 08/30/16 11:59 PM ET.