OfficeMax Unveils Black Friday Deals, with Doorbuster Events Starting 8 P.M. Thanksgiving Day
Three Days of Big Holiday Deals In-store and Online, Including Three Doorbuster Savings Events; Discounts on Popular Gift Cards; and Hot Prices on Tablets, Touch Laptops, Tech and Smartphone Accessories
Public Company Information:
NAPERVILLE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OfficeMax® Incorporated, now part of the new company formed through the merger of equals with Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE: ODP), a leading global provider of office products, services, and solutions, today launched its Black Friday circular to unveil big savings and hot doorbuster deals on must-have tech gifts and accessories when most OfficeMax stores open 8 p.m. local time Thanksgiving night1 and at OfficeMax.com starting 12:01 a.m. EST Thanksgiving morning.
The OfficeMax Black Friday shopping event will take place for three days from Thursday, Nov. 28 through Saturday, Nov. 30 in stores and at OfficeMax.com, featuring big savings on must-have gifts, including the latest in touchscreen technology, tablets, printers and fashion-oriented tech accessories.
OfficeMax.com will also host a special online-only, pre-Black Friday sales event at 9 p.m. EST Wednesday, Nov. 27, followed by three days of OfficeMax Black Friday ad deals starting at 12:01 a.m. EST on Thanksgiving. OfficeMax.com shoppers may also enjoy free shipping on qualified orders of $20 or more2 from Wednesday, Nov. 27 through Cyber Monday, Dec. 2, or free same-day, in-store pickup3 of their holiday purchases.
“We’re providing earlier hours, more ways to save and a flexible, convenient shopping experience for our Black Friday customers to help kick off the holiday season,” said Kim Feil, OfficeMax executive vice president and chief marketing and strategy officer for Office Depot, Inc. “Whether they prefer to stay up late or shop early, shoppers will find big savings on a wide variety of technology products and accessories, and also great gifts and supplies for every home and business office on their list.”
Three Doorbuster Events
Hot doorbuster deals will kick-off in-store and online at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving evening followed by additional doorbusters at 11 p.m. Thanksgiving and 5 a.m. on Black Friday1 while supplies last. Key doorbuster deals include:
8 p.m. – 2 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 28
- Double Power 7” 4 GB Tablet for $46.99 (save $53)
- Canon Color Inkjet PIXMA MG3220 All-in-One Wireless Photo Printer for $29.99 (save $50)
- HP Pavillon TouchSmart Laptop with 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-4005U Processor and Windows 8 for $399.99 with $50 purchase (save $230)
- Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphones for $49.99 (save $150)
11 p.m. – 2 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 28
- HP Pavillon laptop featuring AMD for $319.99 with $50 purchase (save $130)
- Lenovo® Idea Tab S6000 10.1” 16GB Tablet for $199.99 (save $50)
5 a.m. – noon Black Friday, Nov. 29
- Dell Inspiron 11 3137 laptop featuring 11.6” touch screen for $299.99 with $50 purchase (save $50)
- Save $180 on an Epson® Color Inkjet Expression Premium XP-800 Wireless All-in-One printer, sale priced at $99.99
Three Days of Deals Starting Thanksgiving
Three days of Black Friday deals kick-off at 8 p.m. local time Thanksgiving Day in most OfficeMax stores, featuring must-have, mobile technology products and accessories, and gifts for home or the office. Key deals while supplies last include:
Savings on Gift Cards (in-store only)
- Save $20 with the purchase a $200 Visa® or MasterCard® gift card in OfficeMax stores4 (limit one per customer)
- Receive a bonus $10 iTunes® gift card with the purchase of $50 in iTunes gift cards (limit 10 per customer)
- Save $20 instantly with the purchase of $100 in Gap Options or Old Navy gift cards, plus receive a coupon for $10 off your next $50 Old Navy purchase Dec. 8 through Dec. 18, 2013 (limit 10 per customer)
Mobile Tech & Accessories
- Save $100 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 10.1” 16 GB tablet
- Save $100 on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9” 16GB tablet (in-store only)
- FREE $10 OfficeMax gift card5 with the purchase of a Kindle Fire HD 7” 16 GB tablet for $169 or the purchase of a Google Nexus 7” 32GB tablet (in-store only)
- Save 30% – 50% on stylish tablet cases
- Save 30% – 55% on phone cases including for iPhone® and GalaxyTM
- Receive a FREE Otterbox® screen protector with the purchase of an Otterbox phone case
- Save up to 40% off iLUV® mobile charging and auxiliary cables
Music and Entertainment
- Logitech LS-21 multimedia speaker system for $14.99
- Save 50% on all Philips, iHOME® headphones, and all JBuddies kids’ headphones
- Audiosource SoundPop Bluetooth 4.0 speakers for $29.99
Gifts for Home or Office
- It’s like getting a 20-pack of DURACELL® batteries for a penny in store after MaxPerks® Bonus Rewards6
- All Garmin® GPS devices on sale, plus receive a FREE Case Logic® GPS case with the purchase of any Garmin GPS device
- Save $80 on Norton 360TM 3-user, 15-month subscription plus 10 GB or Norton ZoneTM backup
- Buy one, get one free on all OfficeMax brand ink and toner7
- Save up to $80 on Neat® scanners on Thanksgiving and Black Friday
- FREE $25 OfficeMax gift card5 with the purchase of a Keurig OfficePRO® B145 brewing system, and save 10% on Keurig® K-cups
- Save 30% on furniture8 with coupon from Black Friday circular
- 20% off select supplies, paper ink and toner9 with coupon from Black Friday circular
- Save up to $200 on select laser and ink jet printers
- All shredders on sale, save up to $100
Savings All the Way
Visit OfficeMax.com/holiday for additional OfficeMax holiday gift ideas for friends, family, the boss, colleagues and clients, plus new holiday savings each week throughout December.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Formed by the merger of Office Depot and OfficeMax, Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school, or car.
Office Depot, Inc. is a resource and a catalyst to help customers work better. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
The company has combined annual sales of approximately $17 billion, employs about 66,000 associates, and serves consumers and businesses in 59 countries with more than 2,200 retail stores, award-winning e-commerce sites and a dedicated business-to-business sales organization – all delivered through a global network of wholly owned operations, joint ventures, franchisees, licensees and alliance partners. The company’s portfolio of leading brands includes Office Depot, OfficeMax, OfficeMax Grand & Toy, Viking, Ativa, TUL, Foray, and DiVOGA.
Office Depot, Inc.’s common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ODP. Additional press information can be found at: http://news.officedepot.com.
Additional information about the recently completed merger of Office Depot and OfficeMax can be found at http://officedepotmaxmerger.com.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names of OfficeMax Incorporated used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of OfficeMax Incorporated. iTunes® and iPhone® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Offers listed cannot be combined with any other offers. Some PCs may require special order in select locations. All PCs available while supplies last. Printers may not be available in all stores. No rain checks will be issued unless required by law.
1 Where permitted by law. Check your local store’s hours. All stores in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Maine will open at midnight on Black Friday, Nov. 29. Puerto Rico stores will open at 12:01 a.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 29. OfficeMax Business Solution Centers will open at 5 a.m. on Black Friday, Nov. 29.
2 Free delivery on most orders of $20 or more within our trade area, which is within 20 miles of an OfficeMax store. Certain restrictions apply; see website for details.
3 Online Store PickupTM is available on select products that are stocked in store. Black Friday door busters, Special Buys and Clearance are typically limited quantities, and as a result may not be eligible for Online Store Pickup. Please note, due to increased volumes during this special event weekend, Online Store Pickup times may be outside of the typical 2 hour window following your order confirmation. If your order is confirmed within three hours of your preferred store's closing time, your order cannot be guaranteed for same-day pick-up.
4 Limit one $20 reward per customer. Offer valid in store only. Minimum purchase of one $200 Visa gift card or one $200 MasterCard gift card, before taxes, required. Customers may not purchase multiple Visa gift cards and/or MasterCard gift cards in denominations that cumulatively amount to $200 or more to meet the minimum purchase requirement. Visa gift card is issued by MetaBank™, member FDIC. The MasterCard gift card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated.
5 See gift cards for details, terms, conditions and (if applicable) fees. OfficeMax reserves the right to limit the number of gift cards offered to a customer. MaxPerks® Rewards are not redeemable for this offer.
6 Reward offer on Duracell CopperTop AA or AAA Batteries, 20-Pack, available in store only, limit 2 per member, maximum $33.96 Bonus Reward. Items and related Bonus Rewards are available while supplies last. Bonus Rewards issued are based upon price actually paid by member, as advertised price can be reduced by any applicable coupon or discount. Visit officemax.com/maxperksterms for full details.
7 Limit 2 offers per customer.
8 Excludes all advertised items.
9 Excludes HP and Epson® ink and toner, and all advertised items.